If someone has put the password encryption on their hard drive then they would be able to access it only after putting that password while the BIOS shall ask up for that in every new boot. If you forget that password then there is possibly no way to recover or get access to your OS and hard disk as the most of the technicians feel like.
But there are still some methods that you can use to find or crack the Hard Disk password, these methods cannot always work but can be helpful most of the times. If you have lost your Hard Disk password and you need to crack the Hard Disk password then follow up any of the methods from the below article.
Best Hard Disk Password Removal Tools
There is actually no method that you can use to crack Hard Disk password but you can use some of the great software or programs for that purpose. So have a look on all these tools below.
1. HDD Unlock Wizard
This is a type of user-friendly application that can easily remove Hard Disk password and it can potentially remove the passwords for the IDE and SATA hard disks and none other than these are supported. This can easily remove even the master passwords from those hard disks and therefore removing up the user set passwords might be too easy for this software.
While using up the HDD Unlock Wizard, you should note that all your HDD data will be erased and you will end up with an empty disk. It is actually not possible to recover up to the whole data as well as unlock the HDD simultaneously so you will have to depart with something and that is most probably you will need up the HDD, not the data.
2. Victoria HDD
Victoria HDD tool is very powerful to diagnose the whole HDD information, you can also crack up the HDD passwords. This software works like DOS only and has same level controls over the Hard disk that you could expect from it’s rival.
The main thing about this software that makes it far better is that it do not require any extensive usage of CPU load, memory etc and can run smoothly like other apps only. You can also expect up the results from this software within few minutes to some hours that is comparatively very less.
3. Ultimate Boot CD
There is a master password for every Hard Disk set up by the manufacturers just for the safety of the device and to recover up to the data in case you lost up the user set password. Now using up the master password for your HDD, you can easily recover the password and then reset it to your wish. Follow the below method to reset your HDD password:
- Download the Ultimate Boot CD software first and then burn it to the Disk. Boot from this CD and follow up the below procedure.
- On the main menu you should choose up the option “HDD”>”diagnostic”>”MHDD v4.6″ and after reaching there you will see a list of hard disk you wish to unlock.
- Now to unlock it using up the master password of the HDD that you have to find up using the web, just, type Unlock and reply with “1”. Fill up the master password for your HDD from a particular manufacturer and then press enter.
- If the password you entered is correct type “DISPWD” and again reply with the “1”. You will have to retype your Disk password again and then after that click on the enter button. This will Unlock your HDD and after that, you have to reboot your computer.
4. CMOS PWD
This isn’t the tool that will remove up the HDD password but through this software, you can remove up the BIOS password. As BIOS password is also used by some users and this also prevents to access up the HDD settings and boot settings until the correct password is filled so if anyone got stuck in this situation they can use up this tool. For removing up the BIOS password, just follow the below steps:
- Download and extract up the CMOS PWD tool to your computer drive and then after that open up the Run window. Type cmd and press up the enter to run the Command Prompt.
- Type “cd location_of_download” and then press enter. After that type “ioperm -i” command and press enter and then again type the other command “cmospwd_win /k” and press the enter button.
- This will show you the screen where you will see numbers “1”, “2”, “0” and you just have to type “2” and press up the enter button. This will then remove up the BIOS password from your computer and you can easily access it on next boot.
Now you have learned about the multiple methods through using which you can easily crack or bypass the password protection of the Hard disk drive.
All these methods won’t require you to have any advance knowledge about the process but you just have to follow through some simple tasks such as to get your work done. Now choose any of the above methods and try to get your HDD unlocked easily!