C is one of the oldest general purpose programming languages and it was developed in 1972 at the Bell Telephone Laboratories by Dennis Ritchie. It is an extremely powerful programming language that can be used for system programming, developing business applications, and as an assembly language.
In this post, we have compiled the list of some of the best resources to learn C/C++. Some of these c tutorials are suitable for beginner, whereas others are focused on advanced c programming concepts.
1. ONLINE COURSES AND TUTORIALS
If you are a beginner and not sure where to start, then online courses and tutorials are perfect for you to start learning C-Language. Once you begin your research into what’s out there, you’ll find lots of options available to fit your individual preferences and needs. Some of the online Tutorials are given below:-
- Learn-C.org: a great site with an interactive coding window.
- Learn C++:It gives an excellent overview of not just C++ specific features, but an in-depth understanding of objected-oriented programming as a whole.
- Pluralsight: It offers a seven hour C++ Fundamentals course. Users can take advantage of the program for free for up to 200 minutes before the premium service requires a paid membership to the site.
- CProgramming.com: learn both C and C++ through tutorials, quizzes, and references.
- WiBit.NET Course in C:interactive videos, also available on the Apple and Windows stores.
- Practical Programming in C — MIT Open Courseware: free lectures from one of the world’s best institutes.
- Computer Science for Everyone by Carl Herold: a YouTube playlist with great walk-through explanations.
If you’re looking for offline educational materials, books on C/C++ are a great tool for learning the fundamentals and trends of the programming language as well as the history of how it’s changed and evolved over the years. Some of the best books in this field are given below : –
- Stroustrup: The C++ Programming Language (4th Edition)
- “C++ Primer” by Stanley B. Lippman, Josée Lajoie, and Barbara E. Moo.
- Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example by Andrew Koenig and Barbara E. Moo
- “Effective C++” by Scott Meyers.
- Effective Modern C++: 42 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of C++11 and C++14 (1st Edition) by Scott Meyers
- Exceptional C++: 40 New Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions by Herb Sutter
3. COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Online communities are also important resource for troubleshooting and problem-solving any issues you may encounter during your coding education and are a huge wealth of knowledge for answering questions along your career path.
Online communities can also prove helpful for any programmers who are looking for support and encouragement.
Establishing a role in a community is a great way to advancing in your coding. You will also want to interact with other C programmers more generally.
Here are a few tools and community resources you can use for this:
- Stack Overflow (tagged C): simply the best resource for questions and problem solving.
- The C board — C-programming.com: very well established message board with many active users and a lot of helpful threads.
- C and C++ forum — dreamincode.net: more focused on C++, but with lots of good information.
- ProgrammingForums.org: forum on application development.
4. IDEs and Compilers for C
Most IDEs are built to handle both C and C++. Depending on how the IDE project is setup, you may need to manually name your files .C instead of .CPP.
- Eclipse IDE: cross platform.
- Netbeans: IDE: cross platform, runs on Java.
- Code::Blocks: C, C++, Fortran IDE, cross platform.
- CodeLite IDE:C, C++, PHP, NodeJS IDE.
- Visual Studio: Windows only, but very a solid debugger.
- Gnu Compiler Collection — GCC: command line compiler for C, C++, Objective-C and more; cross platform.
- lcc-win: a Windows C compiler by the University of Virginia.
5. C PROGRAMMING JOB INTERVIEW QUESTION AND ANSWER REFERENCE
Given Below are some of the useful questions and answer format tutorials you can use to refer. These are handy for revisiting your concepts and preparing for Job interviews.
- C Interview Questions by the Geek Stuff.
- C Programming Questions and Answers
- Tech Preparation PDF of Questions and Answers
These are the top 5 C Language and If I used something please do suggest me on comment box so that I can update this post for my new blog visitors with better choices.
If you have any further query or questions related to this post then please do comments and Please this this article with your friend on social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. Have a nice time…