These days you can use your Android phone to do just about anything and scanning documents is no exception with Portable Scanner Android Apps. With the phone’s built-in camera, you can easily scan any documents by photo shooting.
While taking a photo of your document may suffice for most, but it doesn’t offer OCR (Optical Character Recognition) capabilities which converts scanned paper documents, or images into editable and searchable data in accessible formats like PDF file. And therefore, you need the help of a third-party app which can scan an image into a PDF file.
Android Portable Scanner
One of the most popular mobile document scanning apps is Camscanner. It is a powerful android app that enables you to scan and digitize documents, images, and anything you want using your mobile phone camera. Simply take a picture of any paper documents, and the CamScanner can auto-crop image, enhance image quality and create a PDF file.
1. Advanced Document Editing
Make annotations on documents with a full set of editing tools. Also adding customized watermarks are made available to mark your own documents.
2. Collaborate on Documents
Want to get feedback on your documents? Invite friends or colleagues to collaborate on documents. They can view, comment and exchange ideas on documents in groups.
3. Secure Important Documents
If you want to protect confidential contents, you can set passcode for viewing important documents; also, while sending document download link, you can set password to protect others from seeing it.
4. Quick Search
When you have plenty of documents, you can use Tags to categorize and easily find them. In addition, OCR for Search helps you find texts inside image and notes. Just enter one keyword, you can quickly find the document you want.
5. Sync across Platforms
Sign up to sync documents on the go. Just sign in with your smartphone, tablet or computer (visit CamScanner website), and you can view, edit and share any document.
Steps to use Camscanner As a Portable scanner on Android
There are few easy steps which you must follow if you want to convert your android smartphone into a portable scanner. But let me clear you one thing first it was a third party app, but there is no risk of your privacy being broken because this app is from trusted developers of Android. Follow the Steps clearly
1. Before installing Camscanner in your android Smartphone first Reboot your phone and then install Camscanner. Once installed Launch the app in your Android handset.
2. Now you will be redirected toward the Login/Register Screen. Register if you are not registered and in case if you already registered simply login with your User Id and Password. This is a paid app. But Camscanner is giving away the 30 days free service for new users.
3. If you completed the registration part, Camscanner will be ready to use you can see the camera icon on the downside of your display you need to take your camera closer to document in order to focus the words.
4. After the camera adjusted you need to click on Tick option that is on a right side(down) of the app. It will automatically start scanning and saving your document in TXT or PDF formats. All done.
5. Now you can easily transfer your scanned files to your computer by locating its destined folder.
The motto behind this article is to provide you useful information that we are aware of actually this is a very easy trick, I am sure this article might help you in some time.
Camscanner is a paid version app, but it was providing a 30 days free to use trial period I am sure you will be downloading this app right now and making full use of it.
I hope you like this article and Please do share with your friends on social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Others. If you have any query then don’t hesitate to comment below and If you know the other apps for Portable Scanner please share with us.