In my earlier post, I had discussed about How to find the IP address of a remote computer. After you obtain this IP address, it is necessary to trace it back to the source. So, in this post I will show you How to Track IP Address Location back to its source.
Track IP Address Location
In fact, tracking ip addresses back to its location is a lot simpler than what many people imagine. There exists many online tools using which you can accomplish this job. One of my favorite site is IP2Location.com.
Just go to http://www.ip2location.com/demo.aspx and enter the IP address that you want to trace in the dialog box and click on “Find Location”‘. With just a click of a button you can find the following information for any given IP address:
- Country in which the IP is located
- City to which the IP address belongs to
- Latitude/Longitude of the IP’s location
- Zip Code of the region to which the IP belongs to
- Time Zone associated with the IP
- Name of the ISP to which the IP address belong to
- Internet Speed of the computer associated with the IP
- Weather Station associated with the region of the IP
- Domain name associated with the IP address
A sample snapshot of the results from ip2location.com is given below:
You can also visually trace route any IP address back to its location. For this, just visit http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/visual-tracert/ and enter the IP you want to trace in the dialog box and hit the “Proxy Trace” button. Wait for few seconds and the visual trace route tool displays the path Internet packets traverse to reach a specified destination. Hope this helps. Please pass you comments.
This tutorial is about to Track IP Address Location. Hope you like it. Please share this with your friends and comment bellow if you have any query.