Today in this computer world everything is base on data transfer that you made through the portable memory storage device that are memory card, pendrives and Hard drive etc. But you sometime these media storage device contains some sensitive data that we might not want to share with anyone so at that time we have to keep our data safe in these portable drives. And at that time better option is to protect that drive with a protection like password etc to keep the data safe in it. So we are here with How to Password Protect USB Drive or External Drive. By this you will be going to encrypt your drive and protect it from data being hijack by any unauthorized person. Just follow up the post below.
How to Password Protect USB Drive
This method is very simple and easy and with this implementation you will be securing your drive with a password that need to be enter every time you insert that drive in computer. The feature is by default available in windows operating system you just have to follow some simple steps below to proceed with this method.
1 Method To Protect USB Pendrive With Password Using BitLock
1. First of all insert USB Pendrive into your computer.
2. Now right click on the drive and select Turn on Bitlocker.
3. Now click on Use password to protect the drive.
4. Now enter the password you want to set in both the password fields.
5. Now click on next and next and print or save the key for future reference.
6. Now encryption process will starts and your drive will get secured with the password that you have set.
2 Method To Protect USB Pendrive With Password Using Wondershare
1. First of all download and install Wondershare USB Drive Encryption from here.
2. Now open the software and insert the pendrive into your computer.
3. Now select your drive in the program and select the amount as complete to fully secure your drive.
4. Now click on install button.
5. Now enter the user name and password that you want to set for your USB pendrive.
6. After this click on OK and that’s it you are done with protecting your USB pendrive with user name and password.
So Above is all about How To To Password Protect USB Drive or External Drive. By this method you will be easily securing your USB drive and its data to be misuse by any other person as every time it get inserted into the computer will needs password to access it.
Hope you like our article and don’t forget to share it with your friends also and leave a comment below if you still facing any problem.