In this tutorial, I will show you How to update your Kali Linux sources.list Repositories for Kali Linux software update and Upgrade without getting error message. Whenever people install Kali Linux Operating System, They Add Kali sources.list Repositories from Official Website which is good for Kali Linux software update but They Often get error at the end of updates because they always forget to import Keys.
Kali Linux software update and Kali sources.list Repositories
Before going to start, I’ll recommend a good internet connection while Updating and Importing Keys from server to your Kali Linux Operating system.
Steps to add complete Kali sources.list Repositories
1. Go to the terminal and Type ” leafpad /etc/apt/sources.list ” command. After that Erase all source list and Add that below Sources list.
deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security kali/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib
deb-src http://security.kali.org/kali-security kali/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://repo.kali.org/kali kali-bleeding-edge main
2. After that save your leafpad. Like you save your notepad documents.
Steps for Kali Linux software update
1. Go to the Terminal and Type the Following command ” apt-key adv –keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net –recv-keys 7D8D0BF6 ” to import the kali linux official key.
2. Now Type in terminal ” apt-get update ” to update Old Kali Linux software update.
Steps to Upgrade Kali Linux Operating System
1. Type in terminal ” apt-get dist-upgrade “, Then Hit Enter
2. After that type in Terminal ” apt-get upgrade “, Then hit Enter
Now you have done. This tutorial is about for Kali Linux software update, to Add Kali sources.list Repositories, to Update Kali Linux Operating system without getting error message, to Upgrade Kali Linux Operating system. Hope you like this tutorial. Please share this tutorial with your friends and Comment bellow if you have any query.