Lots of iPhone user had jailbreak their iPhone. But the major issue after jailbreak the iphone is updating the iphone to latest IOS ( iPhone Update ). As whenever you want to update your iPhone to latest IOS it just gets stuck on Checking For Updates. The main reason behind this is your jailbreak iPhone as when you jailbreak your iphone with softwares like pangu9 and evasion the server connection to your iPhone breaks that is your iphone can’t connect to iphone server after jailbreak your iPhone.
That’s Why your iPhone stuck at checking for updates in OTA (Over the Air). But relax there is a method to resolve this issue, so in this post i will share a method by which you can easily Update Jailbroken iPhone To Latest IOS. Just read and follow the below article.
iPhone Update and iPad Update to Latest iOS
In this method you will install the version of IOS in your iPhone using iTunes which is only an alternative to update jailbreak iPhone. Please note that after installing the new latest IOS your iPhone will not remain jailbreak and all your cydia tweaks will get deleted. Now just follow the below steps.
Backup of your iOS Device
Before updating your iPhone first make backup of your device. This is very important as updating will delete all your iPhone data and even if your iPhone gets brick while updating then you should have backup data to recover your iPhone. Basically you can backup your iPhone by two ways.
- By using iCloud backup
- By using iTunes
Steps To Install Latest iOS Using iTunes on PC
- First of all open iTunes software in your computer and connect your iPhone with computer using apple’s USB Cable and wait for iTunes to detect your device.
- Click on device button to the left of the iTunes Store button in the top right corner in iTunes.
- Now click on Check for Update. This will automatically search for the latest ios update available for your iPhone and download and install it on your iPhone.
- Now popup will appear informing that latest version is available, then click on download and update there and if says your device is up to date then manually download the latest version of ios for you device and then install it.
- If you get a popup message informing you that iTunes will update your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to latest iOS and will verify with Apple. Click on the Update button.
- It will then show you the release notes for iOS version. Click on the Next button. Then click on the Agree button for the terms and conditions.
- Now iTunes will start updating your firmware it can take a time depending upon your internet speed.
- Now wait for download complete and after that it will install the latest version on your iphone and do not remove the iPhone from USB cable and it can take few minutes after downloading the file.
- Now you iPhone will reboots by one to two times and after that a hello screen will be displayed which means your iPhone is update and now remove your iPhone from USB and have fun with latest ios.
So above is the method for iPhone Update and iPad Update to Latest iOS. By this you can easily update ios in jailbreak iPhone with iTunes and after installing the latest version of ios you can again jailbreak your iPhone and enjoy all the cydia tweaks in your iPhone.
Hope you like this method, so don’t forget to share this method and leave a comment below if you face any problem at any step in the method discussed above.