We are going to share a trick on How to Improve Internet Speed on Windows. In today life whether we are at home or at work a fast and efficient Internet is our basic necessity. Slow internet always frustrates everyone.
How to Improve Internet Speed on Windows
1. Improve Internet Speed on Windows – Limit Reservable Bandwidth
As Internet user are increasing day by day,Internet bandwidths get divided and result in slow down of internet speed. Also there is some bandwidth always remain reserved in our computer .These bandwidth is for system use which is allocated to system by default.
This bandwidth includes 20-30% of internet speed of the total speed of connection.Now here is the trick by which you can Unallocate this reserved bandwidth and can enjoy high speed internet by this internet booster technique.
Steps to edit limit reservable bandwidth:-
1. Click on start and type “gpedit.msc” (without quotes) .
2. Now a Local policy group editor dialog box will open.
3. Now click on Administrative Template folder at left side in the dialog box.
4. Now select Network option at the right side of the box.
5. Now click on Qos packet schedules from the right list under settings.
6. Double click on the file Limit reservable bandwidth.
7. Now a limit reservable dialog box will appear it will show Not configured by default.
8. Click on Enable and set the Bandwidth limit % from 20 to 0 and click on OK.
That’s it you are done this will unallocate or free the reserved bandwidth . And you will enjoy high speed boosted internet. This Internet booster trick will increase your internet speed upto 20-30%. Without this bandwidth reservation there are many other factors which can slow down your internet speed.
These may include an outdated software’s like antivirus and many more background running processes. You can stop such processes by opening task manager(ALT+CTRL+DEL) and ending that process. This will also Boost up and Increase Internet Speed.
2. Improve Internet Speed on Windows – Managing Cache
Caches are the temporary stored internet data which are used by browsers like Internet explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox etc to open any site faster after visiting any site. This cache gets store automatically to your computer. Although caches are designed to speed up your internet speed but sometime it can slow down the internet speed when they exceeds beyond the limited size. In that case we have to clear the caches to speed up an internet.
Steps to clear the cache on Windows
1. Open Internet Explorer and press CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE .
2. Select the Temporary Internet Files , History and Cache data. Clearing history data will help you to stay secure on some hacking attacks. So i recommend to clear them also.
3. Click on delete.
Now this will delete all your temporary Internet data ,history and cache data from your computer. By this your internet speed will get boosted .
These two method will surely Improve Internet Speed and help you to enjoy the fast internet. Please comment below if you face any problem at any method discussed above. Don’t forget to share !