A media access control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet and WiFi. This address is today used to even track the device that is uploading or downloading over the internet.
So for private or anonymous browsing not only IP address should be hidden also MAC address must be hidden. So we are here with a trick for How To Change MAC Address on Android Phones. Yes this is possible with a very simple and straight trick discussed below.
How to Change MAC Address on Android
Even though MAC address is embedded on the hardware device during manufacture, it can still be spoofed to input a new one of your choice. Here is a detailed instruction on how to spoof MAC address on your Android phone.
Before you spoof the MAC address, you need to record the original/current MAC address of your device which can be done according to the instruction below:
- On the Home Screen of your phone, tap Menu button and go to Settings.
- Tap About Device and go to Status
- Now scroll down to record the 12-digit code shown under WiFi Mac address. An address would read something like:
Example MAC address: E5:12:D8:E5:69:97
In android device you can change your media access control access to make your android activities private over the WiFi or other wireless networks. Just follow the below post to proceed.
Steps To Change MAC Address on Android phone
1. First of all you need to Root your Android Device if not yet and for that we have a complete process here.
2. Now in your Android Download and Install the App BusyBox.
3. Now after Installing Busybox Install the Terminal in your android.
4. Now first of all launch Busybox App and install it by launching the app and clicking on install on it.
5. Now open the terminal and type su and press enter. It will ask you for superuser access grant it.
6. Now type busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and in XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX you can write any alternative mac address that you want to assign to your device.
7. That’s it you are done you have successfully changed you android MAC address, now you can browse privately over wireless networks.
So above is all about How To Change MAC Address On Android Phone. By this you can easily change mac address of any android device and secure your device on the network from the attackers. Also you surf anonymously with this method.
Hope you like the article don’t forget to share it with your friends and leave a comment below if you still facing any problem with this.