No more ISP autonomy, checkout How to Access Blocked Websites just with a few tricks. Well this is not my first article about to access blocked sites but here I will mentions all the best ways to Access Blocked Websites from your PC, Smartphone. iPhone, Browser etc.
How to Access Blocked Websites
We all love to get things for free of cost, but the owners/producers hate that. This is the only fear of the digital era which take away the good night sleep of the owners/producers. As there are many websites which offer paid things for free of cost as well as distribute some copyrighted products. Eventually the authority of that country order their ISPs to block those websites for that country. But this is not always related to copyrighted activity or piracy.
Sometimes block some websites due to the reason that the websites are not following that countries tradition, culture or believe. To some people that is a good thing but to some people this is a completely autocratic activity to take away the internet democratic freedom from all the people around the world. As an example Indian High Court has blocked over 15000 websites in 2015 eg. Torrent Websites. Not only that Japan has blocked many pornographic websites because it is against their culture.
In this post I’m not going to argue whether this is good or bad thing, beside that I’m going to show you that if you are a victim of this Government internet autocracy, how you can Access blocked websites from your computer. Don’t worry what I’m going to share is not illegal at all or against any cyber crime law. So, get ready to open up blocked websites from your computer.
Today in this post I’m going to mention 5 most useful ways to Access Blocked Websites by any countries ISP without violating any cyber laws. Many people might already knew what are the steps, but I do know that there are many people who do not know how to do it. This post is for them. So, here are the following tricks:
1. URL Rewriting Trick
This trick sometimes work for some websites. But it might not work for many websites. This trick only work for those websites who host their sites in a VPS or Dedicated Server environment and have an unverified SSL installed for that domain name. So in short what you have to do is :
- Go to the address bar of your browser
- Instead of typing www.WebsiteURL.com or http://www.WebsiteURL.com, try typing https://www.WebsiteURL.com.
If the domain has an unverified SSL installed it will show you up a security notice like the website you are going to visit is unverified/untrusted etc. Just click “Proceed Anyway” (in Chrome) or add exception certificate in firefox to proceed to the website.
SSL Error Page in Chrome
2. Change the DNS Trick
DNS is the server which have all the information of all the websites around the world. Generally when any country block any website for their countries ISPs, they block it in their own DNS server, so that whoever uses that DNS cannot access restricted sites. This same concept has been used by many MNC companies for their office internet access. But if you use Google DNS or OpenDNS, many times you can Access blocked websites. This trick generally work very well for the BSNL internet users. Here is how you can do it on your devices.
For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 users, here are the instructions:
- For Windows Vista and 7, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. If you’re using Windows 8, hit Windows key + C > click Search on the right-hand side > type Control Panel in the search bar > select Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings, which is on the left sidebar.
- Right-click the Internet connection (MTNL, Airtel, BSNL, etc.) on which you’re having trouble accessing websites, and click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
- Click the radio button next to Use the following DNS Server addresss. If you want to use Google DNS, enter 126.96.36.199 as the Preferred DNS Server and 188.8.131.52 as the Alternate DNS Server. If you want to use OpenDNS, use 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 respectively. After entering these, click OK.
For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 users
For Windows XP users
- Click Start > Control Panel > Network Connections.
- Now select your specific Internet connection with access problems, right-click, then select Properties.
- Left-click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and select Properties.
- Follow the Step 5 instruction given above.
If you are using an iOS device that’s connected to a Wi-Fi network, try this.
- Open Settings > tap Wi-Fi > tap the Wi-Fi network the device is connected to.
- Tap DNS and change the two values to Google DNS or Open DNS (explained in step 5 above). These two values should be separated with a comma and one space (18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124).
For Android users, these are the steps.
- Open Settings > tap Wi-Fi.
- Long press the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to > tap Modify Network.
- Now tap the box next to Show advanced options. Scroll down.
- Tap DHCP > select Static IP > scroll down and modify DNS 1 and DNS 2 (as explained in step 5 above).
On BlackBerry 10 devices, try this.
- Settings > Network and Connections > tap Wi-Fi. Now connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Long-press the connection you’re connected to > tap Edit.
- Scroll down and turn off Auto Obtain IP. After you do this, you’ll see more options, such as the IP address, DNS and gateway. Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS here (as explained in step 5 above).
Sorry! Unfortunately, Windows Phone 8 doesn’t support changing DNS manually.
3. Using Proxy Trick
Some people does know that how to proxify a website, but many people does not. There are many popular proxy service available on the web. The most popular free proxy service websites are Hidester, Hidemyass, kproxy, NewIPNow amd Samair etc. What you have to do is, just copy your site URL paste it in any proxify website then choose your proxy location and visit the site. As simple as that.
Hidester Free Proxy Service
4. Additional Proxy Layer
Sometimes no matter which method you try, your ISP is so smart that they wont allow you to visit a blocked website without using VPN. When you are in this scenario, I will suggest you to try out this last trick before purchasing VPN. Tough if you see that no trick is working, then be assured than VPN will always work in any circumstance. Anyway, before revealing this trick, I would like to warn you that as you are going to use Proxy IPs, do not provide sensitive information over proxyfied line and if you do, do it on your own risk.
Now lets get started. There are many sites who provide Proxy IP and Port List for free of cost, like Hidester, HideMyAss Proxy List, Free Proxy Lists, inCloak Proxy List and Samair Free Proxy List etc. Visit any of these sites and grab one Proxy IP : Port combination which hast good speed and fast connection type – as shown in the screenshot below.
Hidester: Free Proxy IP : Port List
After you get one Proxy IP : Port combination, use the following procedure to add it in popular browsers like Google Chrome & Firefox.
For Google Chrome users
- Go to settings and click on Show Advance Settings
- Under the Network, click on the Change Proxy Settings Button
- When the popup comes, click on the button called LAN Settings
- On the next popup window check on “Use proxy server for your LAN“
- Also mark the “Bypass proxy server for local address“.
- Hit OK and save. That’s all. You are good to go.
Google Chrome: How to add Proxy IP : Port
For Firefox users
- Go to Options
- Click on “Advanced” with a gear box sign from the top navigation section of the popup window
- Select “Network” tab from the sub navigation
- Under the Connections, select the Settings button
- On the next popup window, select the radio button saying “Manual Proxy Configuration“
- Put your Proxy IP : Port in the HTTP Proxy section
- Check the “Use this proxy server for all protocol“.
- Hit OK and save.
Firefox: Add Proxy IP : Port
By using Browser Extension (Updated)
If you are using Google Chrome and if you have access to Chrome Web Store, you can download an awesome extension app named ZenMate for opening blocked websites by your ISP. ZenMate is a very good auto proxify extention and is completely free. What you have to do is just install the extension and then open a free account with ZenMate and start browsing web with the ZenMate proxy servers. This is really easy to do, completely free and reliable.
Please note! ZenMate is not just for Google Chrome Browser only, it supports all other major browsers like FireFox, Opera. ZenMate even has supported official apps for iOS & Android devices too. Fore more please visit ZenMate Official Website.
5. Using VPN trick
For complete anonymity on the Web and to be able to Access blocked websites in your country, a virtual private network (VPN) is the best solution. The best VPNs are not free. If you really need privacy or want to avoid proxy websites, you can try Private Internet Access at $7 (Rs. 420) per month, or TorGuard at $10 (Rs. 600) per month. The above mentioned free web proxy sites also provide VPNs, you can also take a look into their pricing.
In the 21st century where out life is surrounded with internet, practically there is no way to block any website from users no matter what ISPs do about that harsh reality. If I’ve missed your favorite trick to Access blocked websites in the above post, please let me know in the comment section below.